The new bag pattern for the Bag of the Month Club this month has been released today and I know just who I am making this one for! It’s quite a roomy shoulder bag with a wide bottom and would work well with lots of different fabrics. You can find all the essential supplies and notions in the shop:
YOU WILL NEED
Yardages are approximate. Note: Less fabric may be used if you are not using a directional print.
Fabric & Interfacing:
1/2 yd./0.50 m Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
1/2 yd./0.50 m Exterior Accent fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
5/8 yd./0.60 m Lining fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
1 5/8 yd./1.6 m Interfacing – light-medium weight fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101 or Vilene G700
17” x 24” Foam Stabilizer – By Annie’s Soft & Stable, automotive headliner, Bosal in-R-Form, or (43 cm x 61 cm) Pellon Flex-foam
Zippers & Bag Hardware:
(1) 14” (35 cm) Zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating)
– You can use a longer zipper or #3 all-purpose zipper if preferred.
(2) 9” (23 cm) Zippers for Exterior & Lining Zipper Pockets (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating)
– You can use a zipper 7” or longer – 9” is easiest.
(2) 1 1/4” (34 mm) Oval strap rings (Can substitute with Rectangular, D-rings or O-rings.)
• Clover Wonder Clips or pins
• Pressing cloth
• Rotary Cutter and Cutting Mat and large ruler
• Scissors (we have left handed and right handed versions)
• Zipper foot (we have a great adjustable zipper foot in store)
• – Walking foot (Quilting foot, Even Feed, or Duel Feed attachment) for your sewing machine
• Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
• Wonder tape
• Optional: denim needle, for sewing the bag layers together, if needed.
Latest posts by Love Ellie (see all)
- Harris Tweed Notebook Covers – Perfect for Bullet Journalists - 17th July 2016
- Bag of the Month Club July 2016 – Sadie Expandable Bag by Swoon Patterns - 1st July 2016
- My Number 1 Reason To Look Forward to the First of the Month - 14th June 2016