The first Bag of the Month Club bag for this year is this gorgeous Backgammon Bag by Betz White. I already know exactly what fabric I’m going to use – Tweed! There are a few options with this bag, having one or two outside pockets, changing up the fabrics used for the triangles etc. You can find all the essential supplies and notions in the shop:
YOU WILL NEED
• 1 yd of 44” wide Main fabric, such as quilting cotton, light weight canvas.
• 1 1/2 yd of 44” wide Lining fabric, such as quilting cotton
• 6 different “fat eighths” (9” H x 21” W) Accent fabrics, such as quilting cotton
• 1 yd of Fusible Fleece, such as Pellon Thermolam or Vilene H640
• 2 yds of Woven cotton fusible interfacing, such as Pellon SF101 or Vilene G700
• 7” nylon zipper
• (1) ½” – 1” Twist Lock
• (2) 1½” Metal Rings
• (1) 1¼” Slider Buckle
• (2) ½” diameter magnetic snaps
• Chopstitck or turning tool
• Pinking Shears (optional)
• Spray starch (optional)
• Masking tape (optional)
Thread – we have 47 great colours to choose from!
• Clover Wonder Clips or pins
• Pressing cloth
• Rotary Cutter and Cutting Mat
• Scissors (we have left handed and right handed versions)
• Zipper foot (we have a great adjustable zipper foot in store)
• Optional: Walking foot for sewing the Soft and Stable layers together, if needed.
• Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
• Elmer’s Washable Glue Stick (I would use the wonder tape again)
• Optional: denim needle, for sewing the bag layers together, if needed.
Any questions? I’m happy to help, or you can check out the facebook group
Latest posts by Love Ellie (see all)
- Harris Tweed Notebook Covers – Perfect for Bullet Journalists - 17th July 2016
- Bag of the Month Club July 2016 – Sadie Expandable Bag by Swoon Patterns - 1st July 2016
- My Number 1 Reason To Look Forward to the First of the Month - 14th June 2016