Hobo Bag Sewing Pattern -You Sew Girl
The Hobo is a soft, slouchy shoulder bag for everyday use. Vary the fabrics, straps and embellishments to make a variety of designs.
With this pattern YOU WILL LEARN
How to make a zip closure for the bag*.
- A variety of internal pockets (a mobile phone pocket*, a compartment pocket and a zipped pocket)
- How to make a crisp, curved edge at the top of a bag with a professional finish.
- How to make a button loop closure
- How to vary the straps by adding rings or changing the length and width.
- How to sew a curved facing to a curved lining
- LOADS of tips for making well-finished bags EASY!
*The zip closure and mobile phone pocket require intermediate sewing skills, but the rest of the bag is BASIC level. (If you’re not sure, keep it simple for the first bag, and then MOVE ON to the zip)
Bag Size 20cm x 30cm x 10cm.
Strap length and design is variable.
*Beginners Bag Pattern*
Latest posts by Love Ellie (see all)
- Harris Tweed Notebook Covers – Perfect for Bullet Journalists - 17th July 2016
- Bag of the Month Club July 2016 – Sadie Expandable Bag by Swoon Patterns - 1st July 2016
- My Number 1 Reason To Look Forward to the First of the Month - 14th June 2016