The new bag pattern for the March Bag of the Month Club has been released today and isn’t she a beauty. I love making bags like this so I might have to get started straight away. It’s a small bag in either oval or square shape and is perfect for throwing in the essentials and slinging the strap over your shoulder when you’re on the go! You can find all the essential supplies and notions in the shop:
YOU WILL NEED
• 1/2 yard of Exterior Fabric – we have some fabrics in the shop here, but over 100 in the etsy shop here
• 1/2 yard of Lining Fabric (as above)
• 1/4 yard of foam interfacing
• 1 yard of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing (or medium-weight fusible interfacing)
• Two 1” metal rectangle rings
• One 6”-7” regular zipper (3# size)
• 14” zipper
Thread – we have 47 great colours to choose from!
Optional, for adding piping to your bag:
• Fat quarter of solid fabric
• 2 yards of 5/32” cotton cording (translates as 3.97mm so 3mm or 4mm piping cord will do)
• 2 yards Pellon Wonder Under tape –OR- fabric glue for glue basting – try Wonder Tape
• Clover Wonder Clips or pins
• Pressing cloth
• Rotary Cutter and Cutting Mat
• Scissors (we have left handed and right handed versions)
• Zipper foot (we have a great adjustable zipper foot in store)
• Optional: Walking foot for sewing the Soft and Stable layers together, if needed.
• Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
• Elmer’s Washable Glue Stick (I would use the wonder tape again)
• Optional: denim needle, for sewing the bag layers together, if needed.